Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Official....

....I'm a terrible blogger, its been almost two months since my last post...I fail! I was so excited too, when I first started blogging, thinking about things during my day that I would blog about. But life just gets too busy and sometimes after you live through your day the last thing you want to do is rehash it on the internet. But in this blog, I will attempt to update you on the last two months of our lives...perhaps bullet points would work best

-Our trip to WI in January was amazing! we spent just a few whirlwind days visiting friends and family but it was so good to see everyone. We managed to sneak in visits with our good friends Em and Jon, Mark and Brit and Melissa. We saw lots of new babies and spent some good quality time with my family celebrating our belated christmas.

-After returning to PA life got really busy (hence the lack of blogging). Ivan was sent to training for work in Charlotte for three weeks. Thankfully he was able to come home on the weekends but it made for a really long week. However any training is really good for his job and we were just grateful that they sent him before the baby comes!

-We've had the snowiest winter ever here in Philadelphia, it just keeps coming. All in all not too much more snow that we're used to, just a less prepared city. My company was even closed for a day and a half.. my first adult snow day!

-I've actually been to WI twice since my last blog. Last weekend I flew in for an ultra quick visit during which my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower. I felt so blessed! I had friends come in from MI and MN, as well as many other friends and family members. It was so great having all those important people in the same room. Baby stewart is definitely going to be well loved!

-Ivan and I decided now that we're down to counting weeks instead of months before the baby is born that we should finally start getting things ready. We finally switched over our bedrooms and ordered the baby furniture. Things are definitely starting to sink in now that there is a crib and changing table set up in our apt! This weekend we also start our parenting classes at the hospital.....its the beginning of the end...only 7 weeks left!!

well thats all for now, I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures from our trip to WI in january...Ivan and my brother Peter who decided just sitting in the hot tub wasn't exciting enough when all that snow was outside :)







1 comment: