Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Update

A few recent happenings....

Ivan - applied for a Lead's position at work and got it! which means that instead of being responsible for just himself each night he will be supervising ~ 25 guys and their work.  This position comes with a lot more responsibility and stress, a slight pay increase and a whole lot of good experience.  At the moment his schedule is still the same but could change come May (still 3rd shift though...boo)

Lisa - while Ivan is progressing in his career I will be taking a break from mine!  I've been planning on quitting my job for some time now and finally came to a decision that I feel at peace about.  I will be leaving in either May or June (depending on Ivan's schedule) and I am so looking forward to taking the summer off and spending a lot more quality time with my boys!  The plan is to spend the summer chilling, traveling and visiting family and then come the fall, look for something part time.

G - will be one in two weeks!  How did this happen?  I feel like I blinked and he went from this little baby to a little boy!  He constantly amazes us with things he's learned and is always making us laugh.  This little guy is only still when sleeping, learning to feed himself with a spoon, and almost walking,

In General - in a few short weeks we will be blessed with visits from not only my parents but Ivan's as well!  we are looking forward to three full weeks of grandma's homemade food and lots of chilling with the grandpa's.  During this time we are also planning a small birthday bash for G and hopefully getting him dedicated while both sets of grandparents are here. 

well that's all for now

Lisa


p.s. I finally got my ergo!! I am so excited to try this out!  so far we've only taken it out twice and we're still learning which position works best for G and I as well as how to work out all the straps, I'm hoping it will help us out this summer on our vacation.  I'll let you know how it goes.....



No comments:

Post a Comment