I originally decided to use this recipe in order to use up some mascarpone cheese I had left over from making a cheesecake...but hot dang was it yummy...and easy! so I thought I'd share
Creamy Broccoli & Sun-dried Tomato Orzotto
-1 medium onion
-3 garlic cloves (pressed)
-2 tsp olive oil
-1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
-3 1/4 cups chicken broth
-3/4 cup dry white wine (can also substitute with additional chicken broth, which is what I did)
-8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry (I cut this amount waaay down in attempts to get my husband to actually eat this dish)
-1 head broccoli (about 2 cups of florets)
-2 oz. Parmesan cheese
-6 oz mascarpone cheese
1.) Heat olive oil over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add finely chopped onion and garlic, cook 1 min or until fragrant (next time I might cook longer, Ivan didn't like his onions crispy). Sitr in orzo, chicken broth and wine, cook, uncovered for 14-16 minutes until almost all liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Remove from heat.
2.) Chop broccoli into small florets and thinly slice tomatoes, add to the hot orzo mixture, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cheeses and mix well.....and enjoy!
I of course was not crafty enough to have taken a picture of my cooking so you'll have to take my word for it that it was freaking good!
p.s. The husband....and the baby both loved it!!
Yummers.
ReplyDeletePS. I love your background. Very leafy. :)