Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wisconsin/Illinois/Indiana

aah laundry in the dryer....the dishwasher is running....homemade chicken pot pie in the oven.....and I'm blogging.  sheesh! must be feeling productive tonight!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of traveling and visiting and more traveling and more visiting and then finally coming home and catching up on 3.5 weeks of laundry, cleaning, cooking and time to ourselves.  Whew..makes me tired just thinking about it.  We had only intended on staying in Wi for two ish weeks, and then decided to extend it slightly and then due to bad weather couldn't get flights out (dang standby) and then just decided to drive down to Indiana where we we're going to have visited anyways.  So our two weeks became almost a whole month!  Not something I highly recommend with a 14 month old, especially one who is sensitive to transitions, but overall a great visit and we got to see a ton of people!  I'm hoping to blog about our trip but will break it up into several parts so you're not stuck reading one humongous blog :)   I'll start with part I now


PART I - Family Camping Trip at Devil's Lake State Park

Although I wouldn't call camping with a 14 month old fun I would say that we had a great time sitting around the campfire, playing at the park, playing cards, and hanging out at the beach with my family. 


on the swings with cousin Benaiah 


Digging in the sand with Uncles Andy and Jordan


Napping in the Ergo during the rain storm


Playing in the sand with Uncle Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment