again I apologize for my lack of blogging, its just hard to find energy between work, prepping for baby and squeezing in quality time with Ivan. But here I am to update you all on our lives.
Things have pretty much been the same here, keeping busy with work and little by little getting everything ready for baby stewart. The weather has been absolutely beautiful (70's and sunny) the last few days so we've been spending as much time outside as possible. Yesterday we spent the afternoon with our neighbors, hanging out and grilling and just enjoying the sunshine and each others company.
Preparation for baby stewart has been ramping up lately. Almost all needed baby items have been purchased or ordered and I feel like I've finally started nesting! (yay) Everyone said that it would happen but I doubted. Not that I didn't want to get things done, I just didn't ever think I'd have the energy. But after Ivan left for work last night I decided to get a few things done....which turned into a four hour frenzy of cleaning and organization! There is still a lot to be done but I'm feeling much better about the cleanliness and state of our apt.
We've also been taking parenting classes at our hospital. Although not super informative (being a doctor's kid and a biology major not a lot surprises us) it has been nice to get to know the ins and outs of the hospital where our baby will be delivered. Knowing the lay of the land and the regular protocols will make us a little bit more comfortable when the time comes.
We had our second to last class today but unfortunately had to leave early, Ivan unexpectedly came down with a bad case of the stomach flu. He had been fine all day, but it hit him really hard as we were getting into class. After a few hurried runs to the bathroom we decided we should probably hit the road. Poor guy, throwing up, stomach cramps, fever and chills...he's got the whole kit and caboodle. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, the little boys next door recently had the stomach flu as well as a few people from my work....I'm just hoping and praying that I'm spared from this plague (I've had enough puking during this pregnancy to last a lifetime!) Hopefully this is just a quick 24 hour bug and he'll be recovered soon, in the mean time I'm playing nurse to my poor husband, I finally feel like I'm making up for all the time he spent caring for me during my months of morning sickness.
Well, sorry this is a short one but I should really go and check on my sickie and well as throw in another load of laundry....hope everyone is well....will try and post again soon!
love to all!
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment