ok baby stewart, we're ready for you.....we've got all the baby items...carseat, crib, changing table, etc...the apt is clean..even the cars are clean! We've got frozen meals in the freezer, we've got onsies and diapers and a bag packed for the hospital! I think we're all ready for you...please feel free to come....any day now...seriously...any day now.
unfortunately for us (ok for me because I'm sick of being pregnant) this baby has shown no signs of an impending arrival. At our dr' s appt on friday (39 week check up) the doctor looked at me and said, "no progress...see you in a week and if there's no change we'll talk about scheduling something" which means, it could be another two weeks before this baby shows up! Thankfully they won't let me go too much longer than a week over due, but when you've been pregnant for nine + months....a week can seem like a really long time!
Ok enough of my whining, things have actually been pretty good with us. Keeping busy with work and getting a few last minute things done. Plus the weather has been beautiful so we've been outside soaking up the sun (I think I even got a little burnt today!) I only have three more days of work left before my leave so I'm definitely looking forward to having some time off to spend with our little one and see more of my husband! (who knows maybe I'll even blog more)
We're also getting ready to have lots of visitors this summer/fall, starting with Ivan's parents who come on Saturday and ending with his brother and sister in law in Oct. I think over the next few months we have about 20 people coming to visit us, so we're looking forward to showing everybody the newest member of our family as well as the city we've gotten to know over the last year.
before I go I want to wish our dear friends Mark and Brit congrats on the newest member of their family - Finlay Devon Melby - who was born yesterday morning, take a look at brit's blog to see a pic and check out some sweet cheeks!
lots of love,
Lisa
I MISS YOU!
ReplyDeleteI know you're busy, but when you get the chance maybe could you give me the days after June that other people are planning on visiting so I can maybe start to figure out some dates?
Hurry up baby Stewart!