Saturday, March 19, 2011

First Blood.... and Kisses

sounds like a trashy vampire novel doesn't it....but its actually the most recent endeavors of my 11 month old.  G finally returned all the kisses I've bestowed upon him with the softest, slobberiest little lips I've ever had the pleasure of kissing.  We were playing on the floor one day and he crawled up next to me and leaned in, and although I was wiping snot and drool off my face afterward I was the happiest mommy ever :)

The blood wasn't as touching of a story however.  We were in panera meeting up with a friend for coffee and I had put G in a high chair.  He was busy eating cheerios off the table (don't worry I wiped it down first) when he decided to get all silly.  He's recently started flailing around and shaking his head, making silly faces and occasionally headbutting items, usually the couch pillows or mommy's soft chest.  But this time he decided to make contact with the table and the poor little guy ended up with a bloody lip.  Many tears and attempts to calm him down by putting ice on his lip ensued.  But he was only calmed by being able to hold the whole cup of ice cubes and then proceeded to dump the contents on the table and then had a blast pushing the ice cubes one by one onto the floor (so much for being inconsolable).  That will be the last time I'll put him so close to the table in a high chair but I'm sure not the last time I'll be wiping away his tears and caring for his "wounds"

We had a beautiful day this last friday, so beautiful in fact that I skipped out of work an hour early so I could drive home and play outside with my boys.  G loves the little slide we got for him last year and we attempted to take a wagon ride but G refuses to stay seated....he'd prefer to steer and pull the wagon himself....sigh.

well thats all for now, till next time

Lisa




 doesn't he look scrappy with his sweat pants and one shoe missing? 
(thats what happens sometimes when daddy watches you all day :)  )





 Refusing to sit in his wagon...."but mommy I just want to steer it"




The only way we'd get him to sit...I have a feeling there is going to be
a lot of compromising in the years to come



No comments:

Post a Comment