Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Tuesday Night Update

G is sick again...

these last few months have been a never ending battle with coughs, sleepless nights, runny noses, fevers and one crabby baby.  I swear, next winter I'm sticking him in a bubble! How in the world do you keep your kid healthy?  He's only out of the house two or three days a week and not even at a day care....darn church nursery and your communal toys!

just pray that this bout is just a cold because one of the other babies in nursery was just in the ER with diminished breathing due to croup (boo)


anyways.... here's what else is going on in the Stewart household

  • Our lease is up at the end of June and we're debating finding a different place, now don't get me wrong the place we have is decent, besides the unprofessionals in the office, but we'd really like a little bit more space for G to run around and play outside as well as a quieter street to live on.  However the places we've looked haven't screamed "move here".  The sheer thought of having to pack up all our stuff and haul it anywhere will probably persuade us to stay put.  (By the way this is the absolute longest we've ever been in one place!! two years! thats amazing, we've barely lasted one year in any other apt)
  • We spent this last sunday in New York meeting up with some of our good friends, Cameron and Stacy Hurd.  They happened to be out for Stacy's work and we jumped at the chance to spend a day with them.  We had a great (although very wet and rainy) day with them, traipsing around the city and getting to see some great landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. (pics will be up soon)
  • We are busy preparing for our trips one massive trip this summer, we will be heading to England this July for a cousin's wedding and then my parents will be joining us (and by us I mean G and I, Ivan unfortunately has to go back to work) and we'll be showing them the sites of England for almost two weeks.  After which G and I will fly back to WI with my parents and spend a week there before Ivan heads on over to spend one of his weeks of vacation hanging out with my family.  So all in all G and I will be gone for a month (yikes)
  • G is beginning to be quite the little jabber bug, he is constantly repeating things we say or parts of words he hears.  Our sitter tells us its like having a little parrot in her house because G repeats everything her little boy says.  Currently he can say bits and pieces of mama, dada, itty (kitty), boo (as in peek-a-boo) and all done.  He has also decided to be quite the independent little guy, he dislikes it when we feed him with a baby spoon and will "slap" our hands out of the way, and although he can't even walk or reach the handles he loves to push his stroller around rather than sit in it or just be content being held (needless to say I think we have our work cut out for us)


well that's all I have for now, as always a little cuteness to end the post.  Hope you all are well!

Lisa



I just love those chunky little thighs!

No comments:

Post a Comment